Click here to learn about internship opportunities!
Litchfield Performing Arts, Inc. located in Goshen CT, is a 31 year-old not-for-profit that runs the internationally recognized Litchfield Jazz Camp and Litchfield Jazz Festival, as well as the 20 year running arts education program Project Poetry Live!.
Position Type: Full-time
Benfits: Paid vacation, sick leave and retirement plan.
The Litchfield Performing Arts team works in a collaborative, high-energy atmosphere. Successful candidate will be a financially-minded person who loves organization and track-keeping. Candidate must be a team player and self-starter that can work independently prioritizing assignments, have a positive mindset, and excellent interpersonal skills. High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, and QuickBooks, and ability to easily adapt/learn new computer programs is a must.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Daily office administration including processing mail and bills, updating databases, ordering supplies, overseeing payment of bills, filing, etc.
- Overseeing company Health policy, 401K Plan, Camp licenses and permits, organizational reports, investment accounts, appointments and calendars.
- Keeping track of contracts including Litchfield Jazz Festival Artist Contracts, and Litchfield Jazz Camp contracts and licenses.
- Overseeing financial systems (QuickBooks) and staying in constant communication with Bookkeeper and CPA. Includes reviewing entries made in Quick Books, monthly bank statements and completed payments/deposits.
- Preparing budgets and fiscal reports for the organization on a regular basis.
- Annual audit preparation - working with staff to close out fiscal year, reviewing all program financial reports, working with CPA and bookkeeper to assess financial procedures and make adjustments.
- Facilitating large office mailings of Camp and Festival brochures, coordinating with printer and mail house.
- Processing Camp registration materials, following up with Camp parents on a daily/weekly basis during Camp season. Attend Camp registration days to ensure smooth enrollment of all Camp students.
- Key Assistant to the Festival Technical Director at the Litchfield Jazz Festival in August. Includes setting up and breaking down on the Festival grounds. Must reconcile all income and expenses at the conclusion of the Festival.
- Project Assistant for Project Poetry Live! includes setting up, supervising, and breaking down all workshops and performances during the project.
- Drafting letters, simple contracts, emails, reports, and other communications as necessary.
For someone looking to learn what makes an arts organization successful this is the place to be. Organization offers room to grow. Full-time position with health benefits (80% coverage of monthly premium), retirement plan, two-weeks paid vacation plus sick leave. Occasional nights/weekends are required and are more frequent during the summer.
Please send resume, cover letter and a list of 3 references to Kaitlin Kurdziel at Kaitlin@LitchfieldJazzFest.com. Position to begin A.S.A.P., and will remain open until filled. No phone calls please.